Driving standards in the UK

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on the driving standards in the uk?

Are drivers improving as the lowering accident statistics would indicate? Does it just depend on which time of the day you go out?

The areas I drive through to get to work are shocking!

They are all bad, pulling out on each other, undertaking, cutting up, jumping red lights at speed!

Islands are horrendous as the don't stay in lane etc....

Not sure if they have a UK licence or even a licence at all??

The M5 M6 are just as bad depending on what day i.e. Sunday afternoon.

Having just got back from Cornwall and thinking about it all the rural places I've been where country lanes are everyday driving for them. I'd honesty say the standard of driving is higher they seem to understand driving and there judgement of spaces is better!

It seems the closer you are to cities and towns the standard is lower to pretty much non existent!

Personally I think it's the school run drivers and very old drivers that have the bad reputation and mess up the smooth running of the roads.

I do think that most driving standards out there in the UK are pretty good.

Rural drivers have far more opportunities to get above nose-to-tail crawl speeds than do town drivers. It's purely practice. Maybe this explains herb's position?

Rural drivers have far more opportunities to get above nose-to-tail crawl speeds than do town drivers. It's purely practice. Maybe this explains herb's position?
I think it's partially down to driving down narrow lanes drivers learn more about spacial awareness every day so grasp where there cars will fit!

Cause waynne has a point mothers in there 4x4s can't judge there vehicles so hold up traffic even though you could get a bus through the gap!

The areas I drive through to get to work are shocking!

They are all bad, pulling out on each other, undertaking, cutting up, jumping red lights at speed!

Islands are horrendous as the don't stay in lane etc....

Not sure if they have a UK licence or even a licence at all??

The M5 M6 are just as bad depending on what day i.e. Sunday afternoon.

Pretty much par for the course over here.

When we were in the UK we thought that you were far better at merging on roundabouts.