Drivers on mobile phones

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What sort of drivers do you see flouting the law and still using mobile phones?

I find that most of the professional drivers with company cars are using hands free kits. Most flouters I see are generally those without much in the way of driving skills to mentions anyway and usually in older cars.

Does this ring true for your experience?

Basically, I see more women than men with a blasted phone up against their ear, why? :mad:
A car kit is cheap enough! if a bottle of designer perfume or a bleeding Prada handbag was involved, they would find the bloody money then, even if they were on benefits!!!

The guys who participate in this act, seem to be mostly drivers of company vehicles or boys in stupid go faster stripe specials, again! why? :mad:

Get YOUR company to buy you a bluetooth kit!! then any phone used in the future either bought by you or them! will be covered, it's not chuffing hard!!!

To the "go faster stripe specials brigade" these car kits are NOT expensive!!! for the price of a PS3 game, and I know you have no trouble finding the money to buy this either do you!! you can buy a handsfree kit and be both safe and legal at the same time!!

What are the first words you are going to say when you knock down some poor kid because your busy texting at the wheel??? Bet a £1000 of my own money it's, "Sorry officer I just did'nt see him!"

Saw a complete tool in a Brabus SL at Xmas with a phone to his ear :shock:
clearly the car wasn't his then!! Hit the car horn brought his attention round and called him a $$$$$$$ halfwit! censored! family forum!

Had a good friend from university killed, due to some neanderthal knuckle dragger! texting at the wheel of his £200 chariot! such a tragic waste of life and so easily avoided :sad2:

I never use my phone in my car. But i mainly see van drivers using their phones. Does wind me up a hell of a lot. Sometimes just makes me want to test their reactions by stepping in front of them.

I still see a lot of Middle management with them stuck to their ears, you know the type, not important enough to have a hands free kit fitted or a company car but would like to think they are, also, a lot of white van men are still doing it, if I see them aq quick toot of the horn and maybe a couple of simple hand gestures seem to put them right :lol:

Most of the accidents I have seen involving Cell-phone users, I see the erring driver step out where he/she has that particular expression that they are doing US a favour by driving, while he/ she could have been in the office or at home, comfortably making that call.

And yes the percentage of women drivers is more, but that could be simply because they have this genuine psychological need to communicate, and their approach to all other mundane tasks, like life, love, cooking, AND driving is more philosophical, and they are under the impression that they can take their own sweet time in reacting to stimuli, when they are faced in a driving situation, while spread the latest gossip is their purpose in life.

;) ;) ;)