Do you wear driving glasses?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Was wondering how many drivers wear sunglasses and if they are "polarized"or not?

I have worn my non polarized photocrematic Serengettis for many many years and Ben Collins aka The Stig does not recommend the polarized type in his book "How To Drive" as Quote "avoid at all costs polarized sunglasses.I don't know who invented them or why,but they ruin your ability to judge perspective and are totally unsuitable for driving"

I have prescription sun glasses with distance focus for driving. Polarized annoyed me as it shows up the flaws in the car windows and photochromatic lenses do not work in cars, they need UV light to work and this doesn't get into a car so they stay clear!

"and photochromatic lenses do not work in cars, they need UV light to work and this doesn't get into a car so they stay clear!

^^^^^ This absolutely does not happen with my Serengetti drivers/pilots glasses . They adjust to the varying light conditions BUT they never become totally clear like reading glasses.

Have you ever used non polarized sunnies ??

FYI https://flightsunglasses.com/pages/lens-technology

Last edited:
Standard prescription sun glasses for me. I did try polarized but was not impressed so I switched back. A slight smoked finish is all you need really.