Seatbelts - do you wear them?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
There is an alarming number of young people in my area who refuse to wear a seatbelt. I will not get into a car without fastening my seatbelt. Do seatbelts restrict our freedom? Am I being a bit harsh? Is the law un-necessary?

Hell no. I always wear my seatbelt.

Remember the advert where the guy in the back of the car didn't wear a seatbelt and crushed his mum to death?

im the same its the first thing i do when i get in the car, it doesnt feel right without it, , and what freedom do you need when bloody driving, you should be concentrating on the road anyway, speaking from experience i wouldnt probably be here if it hadnt been for the seatbelt when i lost control of my clio and hurtled into some barriers, i would have gone straight through the window, seatbelts save lives, if you think your too cool not to wear one, im sure you will have second thoughts if you end up in hospital after a serious crash

i never used to wear them when driving, but always when passenger. this stopped a couple of years ago when i got pulled 2 within 3 days. 1st time i was lucky as it was just a panda car and after a brief drive riht around town so i had time to pull it on before parking up, so they had nothing to go with no evidence. the second i wasnt so lucky and got whacked with a £60 fine.
having seen some of the crashes around here i now realise how lucky i was never to have needed when driving

always now wear one rather than go through the windscreen as well as its better than sitting in the back of the police car for 1/2 hour when your in a rush

I always put on my seatbelt before I switch on the engine. It's one of the few habits I still do from when I was a learner! I don't see why people drive without them on...they're put in the car for your own safety...would you rather go through the windscreen instead?!

Always -wear the things. Have done so since a child so it's an automatic reaction to put the thing on. I do start engine first though. Simply as it allows time for oil to circulate.

generally in this green and pleasant land few people bother to wear them especially in the back. They are fitted of course but noone who has sat in the back of my car has put them on. I have yet to see a traffic cop wear one ! education and driver training over here is as it was back in 60s Britain.

generally in this green and pleasant land few people bother to wear them especially in the back. They are fitted of course but noone who has sat in the back of my car has put them on. I have yet to see a traffic cop wear one ! education and driver training over here is as it was back in 60s Britain.

Where abouts do you live?

I always wear mine, but normally I reverse out of the drive before I get it on.

I did manage to get quite a way down the road before I remembered mine the other day, this never usually happens though. I have friends who's parents still don't really wear them, and I remember being a kid and them not caring if we wore belts. Mind you, I also remember our old familt Datsun which only had belts in the front!

I always definatly wear them for safety more than owt, ya dont look too "cool" when ya bodies in middle of road after an accident.

I have known stories tho of people who have survived car crashes because they DINT have there belts on and by been thrown out of the car stopped then from been trapped of something coming threw windscreen and hitting them full on.

i start my engine first to let it warm up and let turbo warm up a bit but i wont move car without having mine on.

allways wear the seatbelt.Allways have and it just doesn't feal right when I don't and plus I don't want to get stopped because of a thing like that and have to pay a big fine

Hi Freddie
I live in Turkey, they have a very casual idea about seat belts and road safety generally. I cringe everytime I see a car with the dutiful but stupid wife next to her man in his big merc or bmw going hell for leather, neither of them with belts on, and guess what is sitting on the womans lap. heir very young offspring with another running loose in the back,and just to add spice to the story he is usually engaged in a conversation on his mobile and smoking at the same time. See it every day,time after time. Turkey does not yet understand why so many of their people die in car accidents every year. But I do . Seat belts have very little to do with it.

Oh yeah forgot something. When ever I try to drive without fitting the belt a warning gong goes off so I have to wear it just to shut the bloody thing up. But the passengers don't usually bother unless they come from the U.K.

BING

BING

BING

BING

BING

BING

BING

BING

BING

BING

BING

BING

For gods sake, put your belts on, that sound is god awful annoying.

On top, keeps you in yer seat, sounds good to me ! I put it on all the time, dont fancy death.