DIY mechanic needs help

I

itsmrgrillini

Fellow car enthousiasts and mechanically inclined garage monkeys, I have a question that may seem silly but is definitely worth asking. I am putting together a jeep derbie from the ground up and have almost completed it. Its got a 500cc 4 stroke engine and is 4 wheel drive. However, the steering system i purchased turns the car the wrong way.
I believe its because the tie rod ends originally attach to the back of the wheel. However my setup attaches to the front of the wheel because my driveshaft is in the way. This said, when the steering wheel turns left, the wheels push to the right instade of pulling to the left.
What I want to know is if there is an adaptor i can purchase which redirects the rotation of the steering shaft using gears? I know that if I make one gear for the steering wheel and one gear for the steering shaft, that the shaft will turn the opposite direction of the wheel making my little monster go the direction i want her to. I just need to know if that already exists or if the next couple days need to be spent machining gears... :confused:

Hi and welcome.

I subscribe to KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.

Adding gears to the steering is adding complications, play and weakness, none of which is useful in a steering system.

Replace existing rack with one that is designed to fit to the front.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)