decal/sticker removal?

marcsmith

Car
fiesta lx & r33 gts
i no it seems a stupid thing to have to ask about, but is there a certain way to remove unwanted decals/stickers without ruining paintwork? got a few ugly buggers on the car i recently bought and dont want to just get peeling without being sure i wont damage paintwork, cheers in advance

Marc

I recently removed some stubborn laser cut decals of a window with hot water, not boiling! Careful use of a hair dryer should work too, the heat melts the glue just enough to allow you to pick the sticker off, obviously using any implement as a scrapper wouldn't be recommended on paint work. Any residue will come off with something alcohol based on a rag, such as surgical spirits or that cheap after-shave you were bought last Christmas. :amuse: The important thing is to be patient & not to rush the job. :)

are they manufacturer stickers or aftermarket ones?

manufacturer ones are a pain as they are normally made up of 3 layers.

either way hair dryer or heat gun will do the trick, thats what i always use, glue will start to loosen almost instantly with heat.

Best thing i have found to use to remove stubborn stickyness (being in the decal trade i have tried everything lol) and i honestly cant recomend this stuff enough its magic lol

Auto glym tar remover
(i de-stickered the truck and got all residue off in seconds with it)

put it on a cloth, wipe on leave about 5 seconds and wipe off, residue just disappears, not like some products which will 'ball' (if you know what i mean) the sticky up.

its amazing i will never use anything else

prod_1200264082.jpg