Air Conditioning removal

HARDCOREBONES

Car
96 Silver Glanza V
Hi all . Ive a Glanza V sitting at home , at the moment its standard but im obsessed with making it lighter . So the back seats have come out , now i hear the air con weighs a bit ? Should i get it removed , is it possible or is it worth it ? Lighter = quicker

if your not using the air con then yes you can remove it however you will need a garage to de-gas it first. the pump and radiator will weigh a little bit and every little helps as tescos say

is it a turbo ? if not then you can look at fitting a supercharger in its place maybe adding the weight back in but youll gain some power from it

but hey and welcome

Hey cheers man . Its a turbo , and ill be honest im not a complete expert now on performance , but thats why i joined here and have spent time reading the great articles here .
So basically my plan for the Glanza turbo first is to make it lightweight , then progress once its lightweight .

if its already a turbo i wonder if you could work in a small supercharger out with the ecu to help with the lag.

if not ditch the lot and get a new drive belt made up.
have you found the weight saving threads ? theyve got some good ideas

I think i will get it removed some stage .
I never use it . Even in the summer . She'll be slightly quicker for it

yeah but it you reap more benifits from it being light weight, better bhp and torque/ton.
think about what is going to be more quicker, with gearing the same

600bhp car that is 2000kgs
or
350 bhp in a car that is 1000kgs

the 1 ton car as it has 350 bhp/ton compared to the 300/ton that the 2 ton car has

yeah but it you reap more benifits from it being light weight, better bhp and torque/ton.
think about what is going to be more quicker, with gearing the same

600bhp car that is 2000kgs
or
350 bhp in a car that is 1000kgs

the 1 ton car as it has 350 bhp/ton compared to the 300/ton that the 2 ton car has

I understand what you are saying but an air con system doesnt weigh that much anyway, plus the starlet glanza vs are pretty light on there own as they dont even weight a ton but i guess there is always weight to lose!.