Torque Cars

Alloy Wheel Key Problem

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by cmf2000, 4 August 2011.

1. cmf2000

cmf2000 Newbie

england-manchester
    Car:
    Hyundai Coupe 2.0L
    I had my alloys fitted a few months ago. recently i got a puncture and when i went to the garage to get in sorted, they told me i had lock-in wheel nuts. the guy who fitted my alloys never gave me the key. Does anyone know where i could buy a key from. I live in manchester if that makes nay difference

2. stamford

stamford Pro Tuner

Hampshire
    Car:
    MG ZS200
    Have you tried the person who sold/fitted them in the first place? Otherwise you'll need to know the manufacturer but if you don't have the code for them then you will have no luck. Hammer an impact socket over them and ditch them for new ones, McGard are good. What type are they as some are useless.

3. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Go to your local Halfords. They should have tool for you.

4. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    halfords should have a set of left hand thread removers. you will need an air gun though to gain purchase on the bolt

just out of interest have you checked the boot / glove box ? did your original alloys not have a locking wheel nut

5. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    [​IMG]

image of said tool for removal

6. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Like said before contact the place that fitted them in the first place as they must have the key since they took them off, failing that then check your glove box or anywhere in the car.