Torque Cars

pug 205 gti hub problem

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by wullieRS, 1 January 2011.

1. wullieRS

wullieRS Newbie

scotland linlithgow
    Car:
    pug 205 MI-16
    hi guys i have a 1.6 gti which has had an mi16 engine put in but the boy before i had it never changed hubs or drive shaft so its eating gear boxes and drive shaft would a 405 mi16 hub fit the 205 strut as i cant get mi16 shafts in the gti hubs?:confused:

2. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Hello and Welcome to Torquecars.:bigsmile:
    Hope you enjoy your time with us.

3. TeamGeen

TeamGeen Newbie

Harrogate,England
    Car:
    Peugeot 406 2.2 HDi
    Hi, i tried to post earlier today but the quick reply function doesn't seem to work,so apologies if it turns up.

The 205 and 405 gearboxes are the same so the mi16 shouldn't cause a problem. I've done a few of these conversions and normally used which ever gearbox came with the car.
    Equally the driveshafts and hubs are normally upto the job. If you want to upgrade you could fit the 1.9 205 GTi hubs and 'shafts.
    What is actually breaking on your car?

Cheers

Mike

4. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    The quick reply does work but your post contained a link so got caught up in the mod queue.
    You are required to have 10 posts before you can upload pics or links as per the T&C's.

5. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    the 1.9 gti hubs and driveshafts are noticeably more robust, and should fit straight on with no modification.

Also if you are running standard brakes then either some 306 gti6 or 206 gti180 front brakes as these will also fit straight on and also will fit behind 205 speedlines as well.