Torque Cars

Alloy Wheels

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by br0wni07, 2 October 2008.

1. br0wni07

br0wni07 Wrench Pro

Iv got a friend that has found me some 17" Alloy Wheels for my car.

Has anyone else got these fitted? Would 17" fit easily on a peugeot 206 without any modifications.

Thanks In Advance

Ian

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    A lot depends on the size of the tyres you have fitted. If you get ultra low profile tyres the overall rotational diameter is pretty much the same.

3. br0wni07

br0wni07 Wrench Pro

I have 14" tyres fitted at them moment. Obviously the knuts will go in the same place its just with the 17"'s the diameter will be bigger and im wondering will the wheel arches on a peugeot 206 allow for this.

Ian

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    You should get away with this but you might need to roll the arches if it starts rubbing. Just get tyres with a profile of 40 or lower and you should be ok. Don't start lowering it though or you will have trouble.

5. br0wni07

br0wni07 Wrench Pro

Trying not too sound too stupid but what do you mean by rolling the arches? And if i did this would that help also if the profile of the tyres was a little higher than 40.

6. astra17

astra17 Wrench Pro

Car:
    pug 306 xsi 2.0 8v
    hi there i have 17s or my pug 206 but the tyres are 205/40/r17 and my dont rub but as waynne said it depends on the tyre ie the middle number which is either 35,40,45 the lower the middle number the less chance you have that they will rub

7. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    yeah 205/40/17 is the right tyre size for a 206...and a 306 for that matter...

unless you have a 206 gti180 then they use 225/40/17 out of the factory....

they would rub big time on a 306 but nore sure on anyother 206...