911 under £5k

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
spot on hdi
anyone who even considers putting a subaru engine in a 911 should be shot :amazed:

That is one seriously cheap car it will break fo much more even with a half suspect engine

Only bullet proof if you have K's to spend on servicing every year

Does that still apply if your part of the Porsche owners club? I read somewhere that on production of a membership card, good discounts on labour and parts can be had! ;)

I read that annual servicing may be as well be more or less £3000 a year. So I laugh when the Porsche affficianados bleat on how reliable thier 911's are, For a fraction of £3k I could buy a car which will last an eternerty and never nees servicing.......Still hanker after a Porsche though, It's my age..... Just too tight

Only bullet proof if you have K's to spend on servicing every year

Sorry but thats simply wrong.
When you read something check its the car we are discussing.

Modern porsches may be expensive to service but the early 911 being discussed is air cooled and hardly tuned at all .

There is no complicated electronics or fuel injection to worry about . Carbs are fixed jet and pretty much everything is mechanical so servicing is simple . Most compedant DIY mechanics could do it.

The early engines pre 2.7 motors are one of the most simple and reliable engines around and go on for ever - 150K before you need a major rebuild is par for the course for a non S engine.