Driving test additions

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you think should be added to the driving test? Here are some of my suggestions.

Changing a wheel
Motorway driving
Night driving
Basic First aid instruction

A visit to a "serious accident exhibition" and attendance of a road safety conference.

This might make our roads a little safer and filter out the incapable drivers.

Do any countries have these parts already?

Also add,

How to dispose your used tyres for the good of your community,

1. Place on top of Speed camera/Mobile Speed trap van

2. Pour at least 0.5l of petrol/diesel over the top, more is highly reccomended

3. Set alight and cheer as your fellow motorists give you the thumbs up

Hahahaha @ above!

They should add a little bit onto the theory test about 1.0 litre Corsa's. Could be just a simple question... Is a 1.0 litre Corsa with a big bore exhaust and racing stripes faster than a Ferrari? Everyone who answers yes gets their hands and feet chopped off so they can't drive!

i think they should teach how to drive at schools
it starts when the pupils are 16, 2 years to learn properly
but a skid pan is definatly a 1 id like to see been introduced

Don't they do a drivers class in America?
thats how i know about it, its a good thing though, dont ya think???
at least they have expieriance when they finish, unlike here where you pass 30 out of 40 questions and then you can drive

no wonder people cant drive

bikes are dangerous, im actually banned from them by the gf
not a bad thing i suppose

I'll argue with that. Bike are only as dangerous as the rider on them. Sure you can get hit by a car but if more bikers wore proper protective clothing then there would be less deaths... You are just as easily killed in a car. Or on a horse for that matter. Bikes aren't dangerous it's just other motorists that are...

What do you think should be added to the driving test? Here are some of my suggestions.

Changing a wheel
Motorway driving
Night driving
Basic First aid instruction

A visit to a "serious accident exhibition" and attendance of a road safety conference.

This might make our roads a little safer and filter out the incapable drivers.

Do any countries have these parts already?

Motorway and night driving are part of the pass plus. So should pass plus be compulsory?

I do think it's a good idea myself. But I also think that new drivers should have limits to engine capacity like motorbikes have with the cbt...

:S engine capacity means nothing, BHP restriction yes but that already exists in the form of insurance companys.

:S engine capacity means nothing, BHP restriction yes but that already exists in the form of insurance companys.

Yeah but I mean on your licence there should be a restriction to engine capacity and also it should state that the engine must stay standard. Insurance doesn't matter does it if you are 17 and you mum and dad buy you a brand new car with free insurance...

Yeah but I mean on your licence there should be a restriction to engine capacity and also it should state that the engine must stay standard. Insurance doesn't matter does it if you are 17 and you mum and dad buy you a brand new car with free insurance...

But you could have a 10l engine producing 5 hp...... Likes the americans sell all the time :D The engine capacity is unrelated to the power of the car, sure its normally the higher the litre the more BHP but not always.

BHP is the restriction and cars with free insurance for young drivers still wont let them buy 300bhp monsters.

my old school used to do a young drivers sceme, at 16 you could go along and learn the basics on an old airfield.
agree that motorway and night driving should e part of the test. but also you must have lessons in winter, this covers night driving and also icey roads

engine capacity doesnt matter ive seen some idiots trying like mad to keep up with bigger engines and for that reason end up in a hedge

You lot are aware that there is now Hazard Perception and there are 50 questions in the Theory part of the test.

I would put money down that if every driver in the UK retook their Theory and Hazard Perception test, that only half the amount of drivers will be back on the road after losing their license.. my 2p

I took mine in July and had the 50 questions, they are stupidly simple and when I say that I mean really really silly.

Fair enough getting 10% of them wrong just by misreading but if someone managed to fail 30% or more they shouldnt be in public on there own let alone driving a car.

to the first question in sweeden they pop people on the skid pan and also teach them in rwd 4wd and fwd cars saw it on top gear or jezza's motor madness

to the first question in sweeden they pop people on the skid pan and also teach them in rwd 4wd and fwd cars saw it on top gear or jezza's motor madness
that was finland im sure mate, but same thing they probably do it there too, it should be introduced definatly

I think it would be a good idea to make PASS PLUS COMPULSORY Drewedgar.

I do wonder how many older drivers (30+ like me) would still pass the current test and theory test? I bet our bad habits would fail us although we are technically competent drivers. You can't ever afford to be complacent.

Skid pan tuition would also be a good addition IMHO.

I think it would be a good idea to make PASS PLUS COMPULSORY Drewedgar.

I do wonder how many older drivers (30+ like me) would still pass the current test and theory test? I bet our bad habits would fail us although we are technically competent drivers. You can't ever afford to be complacent.

Skid pan tuition would also be a good addition IMHO.

I'd pass. I was driving for years without a licence. An when I did start to have proper lessons I just shut the bad habits out the window whilst the instructor was at the side of me. I passed first time on both. 34 out of 35 questions on theory. An I still know the highway code cause i'm forever telling my mum what means what with signs etc....:D

But you could have a 10l engine producing 5 hp...... Likes the americans sell all the time :D The engine capacity is unrelated to the power of the car, sure its normally the higher the litre the more BHP but not always.

BHP is the restriction and cars with free insurance for young drivers still wont let them buy 300bhp monsters.
any 1 litre car will do 90 mph, faster than any speed limit
i think your better of having a big powered car, nothing less than 1.6

So thats just going to be asking for every 1 litre driver to mod there car for more peformance :S

A BHP restriction would stop them doing that.

some additions i would throw in

you should learn to give way (when i was learning i was taught not to give way) alot of people keep this mentality with them the rest of their driving years :evil:

you should learn and take your test with the radio on its an added distraction and a more realistic driving situation

you shouldnt be made to put the handbrake on clutch control should be taught in its place

you should be made to learn how to judge the size of the vehicle you are driving in various size vehicles (how many time have you been stuck behind an incompetent 4x4 driver or an idiot in a micra that cant get through a gap that a competent lorry driver could get through!!!)

you should be made to spend at least 1 day as a passenger in a lorry and on a motorbike to help with the awareness of other vehicles

i was taught clutch control right from the 1st lesson.
being a passenger in a wagons good fun you get to see what a real driver goes through 18 gear changes to 60mph. inculdign using the 2 gear boxes high and low