wiper woes

StevieDB9

Road Burner
Car
Ford Focus 1.4
For some time i've noticed the rear wiper on the focus only wipes the bottom half of the glass and the top of the blade skips across it. I thought it was the case of a new blade. So bought a bosch blade and low and behold its exactly the same. :rolleyes:

I've since learned that you need to buy specific wiper blades that are shaped to the curve glass of the focus but trying to find them is nigh on impossible. Does anyone have a clue where to begin looking?

I'd have thought that bosch would have a list of "specific car" blades on their website but for some reason they dont :sad2:

aero wiper blades from tescos, use them on all my cars, dont lift off on motorway either

they normally have them on offer aswell :)

HDi: I've had a look on wiperblades (infact im waiting for front wipers from them) but i cant find the specific blades on their website. Am i missing the obvious somewhere?!:embarrest:

This is the Trico listed replacement for the rear screen. I don't have Focus so cannot comment but I've used their other branded blades for a couple of years. The own brand flat ones are also excellent. Give them a call on 01299 251130 -I've found their advice to be extremely accurate. THere's also a full money back guarantee if it doesn't do the job.

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/trico-...283&Year=2003&Position=3&ID=483&Ref=prod-info

I tried Trico wipers on mine & tbh I wasn't that impressed, they juddered at speed & smeared the rest of the time. So much so I replaced them with Bosch ones a month later.

At the front I found Champion blades to be the best. Until I discovered the retro-fit flat ones which worked absolutely superbly on the front of my 406 - better than any conventional blade I've ever used.

I thought your problem with the Focus was the rear blade. Check the springs in the arm are applying enough pressure to maintain contact.

Yeah, need wipers all round. Ordered those Bosch aerotwin flat blade jobbies for the front. cheers for that! could not find that for the life of me!. cheers HDi!