which work horse to put a smile on my commute

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
I need a work car this weekend, however i am driving 100 miles a day and paying my own fuel so have decided a minimum of 35mpg petrol and 42mpg diesel is my goal, the car needs to be cheap and easy to drive when I am tired, so I have shortlisted Ford Puma 1.7, Peugeot 306 turbo diesel and clio 172, So which of these 3 is the easiest to live with and a good drivers car, Smiles per pound is the bottom line, cheers

Audi A3 5 door - 1.8 T Sport in Purple around a W reg. Gives a lot of smiles, is very reliable and fun to drive.

Actually I happen to also have one for sale - offers invited!

From your shortlist I think the Clio will be the most fun to drive and probably the cheapest to run.

The Puma is not on my list of favourites simply because the brakes were patently useless in the ones I've driven.

You are not wrong, I drove one this weekend, the handling was utterly brilliant, the brakes were utterly Buttery

I would have the Puma out of those as I like their styling, but if the brakes are not much cop, then it would have to be the Pug for me, or upgrade the Puma's brakes.