Which steering wheel style do you prefer?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
For a while I wanted a kitt style open wheel with 2 spokes at either end.

I can't see the point of flat bottomed steering wheels and prefer a nice chunky stiched leather wheel. 2 or 3 spokes I think look better.

What about everyone else? What is your perfect steering wheel like?

I like the 3 spokes sports steering wheels. Like the ones Momo make. But the bigger question is...would you get rid of the air bag for the sake of a steering wheel?

I'd junk the airbags for a good looking wheel in a shot and i understand the un-round wheels when space is tight, but what makes a wheel good (apart from build quality?) how about taking a look at professional cars (i.e top end race cars etc) and look at their steering wheels...rather than the junk halfords supply.

A lot of pro wheels are pretty sparce. F1 is a case in point. Lots of buttons and dials but not pretty! I don't think you can beat stitched leather.

hmmm.... now i dont really see much wrong with standard ones, if there on a newish car with an airbag unless there all rotten and are really slidy i.e no grip.
i want one with two little red buttons on the front. i would have one for the horn and one for noz if i had noz fitted lol