Which Remap

DemonHell

Car
Audi S3 8P
I want to remap my S3 8P and change the air filter at the moment. Ive just had a sachs competion clutch fitted and would love to hear any advice on which remaps best. I like the idea of having switchable modes ie valet, economy etc, but whats the best and least lkely to do any damage? Stage 1 seems to vary from 300 - 320 bhp depending on company also what do you think about bluefin? Any advice appreciated cheers! :D

I've had good results with Celtic Tuning. Bluefin, in my estimation, is pointless. You can control the torque delivery and therefore fuel usage with your right foot.

Scenario: You're driving along the A9 with your car set to standard mode. Up ahead there's a bunch of goods vehicles you want to pass swiftly and safely.

So you now have to pull over, stop the engine. Use the bluefin device to upload a higher performance map.

Restart the engine.

Drive off again and spend 5 minutes catching up with the goods vehicles which are now a long way ahead and with even more cars to pass before you catch up.

Unless you have other drivers in your car whom you wish to 'restrict' in terms of torque and power then Bluefin is a little bit pointless.

A well sorted remap is superb for everyday driving and will not damage your fuel economy at all. You can get the throttle response curve changed to suit your driving style at remap time.

Last edited:
I've had good results with Celtic Tuning. Bluefin, in my estimation, is pointless. You can control the torque delivery and therefore fuel usage with your right foot.

Scenario: You're driving along the A9 with your car set to standard mode. Up ahead there's a bunch of goods vehicles you want to pass swiftly and safely.

So you now have to pull over, stop the engine. Use the bluefin device to upload a higher performance map.

Restart the engine.

Drive off again and spend 5 minutes catching up with the goods vehicles which are now a long way ahead and with even more cars to pass before you catch up.

Unless you have other drivers in your car whom you wish to 'restrict' in terms of torque and power then Bluefin is a little bit pointless.

A well sorted remap is superb for everyday driving and will not damage your fuel economy at all. You can get the throttle response curve changed to suit your driving style at remap time.

Well said.

If you tell the guy's what you want, then they will set it up for you. Just because you have a re-map, doesn't mean your fuel eco will plumit. Mine, if anything has gone up since my map. On long journeys any way. Not when I put my foot down ;)

Just bear in-mind the standard ecu parameters are set to cater for everyone, those that drive the car and do not maintain it, use cheap supermarket fuels etc. Remapping will fine tune those parameters and release the torque and power that is there but held back. Most graphs from standard will show poor AFR results so remapping will improve performance and economy. It is about tweaking the map and if any mods have been done this can be covered and you will get the best for all conditions. How you control it is down to you, if you wish for switchable parameters due to shared driving then that'll need a custom set-up. Personally I'll look to get the mods completed then get it mapped to suit, you will be surprised at the results and how better on fuel it would be too.

Thanks to everyone who replied food for thought indeed. Been looking at the Celtic remap emotion which you do your self and can hold switchable maps also. Has anyone had any experience with an S3 and Celtic tuning?

Thanks to everyone who replied food for thought indeed. Been looking at the Celtic remap emotion which you do your self and can hold switchable maps also. Has anyone had any experience with an S3 and Celtic tuning?

No personal experience of Celtic Tuning, but I have not heard a single negative comment against them thus far!

only thing i would say against them is there results were slightly higher than most for the older 1.8t, to the point were they were saying they could get this while other companies were around 10-15 bhp lower.

HDI has used them in the past and we have had a few franchised dealers on the forum