Whats the nicest feature in your car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Sometime a feature gets added that just makes you think why don't all makers do this. In my car the quick demist can remove all mist from the windscreen in about 6 seconds! There are also courtesy lights in the bottom of the doors that come on when the door is open and there are a few 'secret' compartments and drawers inside.

I have Air Shockabsorbers that you can inflate to raise the rear of the car in the event you are carrying a lot of luggage or very fat people. :lol:

Yep, I've got the door courtesy lights and rapid demist.

My fave is a very slick cruise control that responds to the '+' as if you mean business and don't want to spend 5 hours accelerating from 70 to 90 mph.

2nd fave;- fully electrically 8 way adjustable driver AND passenger seats.

3rd fave;- self dimming rear view mirrors (including the door mounted ones!).

well since my last car had nothing in the way of electrical extras I love all the stuff on my new car.

The electric windows are handy and yet to go faulty so I think I like them the most.

when I bought the car it had an alarm fitted which closes all the windows sun roof etc at the touch off a button, great in the summer.

I realise all these things are pretty much standard now a days but like i said, my last car had nothing.

I'd love electric seats that you could program with specific settings. I hate jumping in the car forgetting my g/f has been out in it to find i'm chewing my knee's. :lol:

Inflatable shockys would be amazing. My car can't really take more than 3 adults with out sitting to low.

The heated seats are nice.
But the best feature is the fuel burning heater!
Get up on a cold morning press the button on the fob from the front room, the heater turns on when the circulating water reaches 30° the thermal switch turns the fans on. So when I get in the car the car and Engine is warm one of the greatest gadgets for a car imo

I liked the stratified air distribuion in the BMW along with the temperature adjustable rear face level vents. Can't think of anything I like about the Passat

I have a few nice touches in the Disco that not had before. Heated windscreen, reverse dip mirrors, footwell lights, puddle lights. It also has a fuel burning heater but I think it isn't working. The suspension features are neat and there's plenty of settings to play with.

Have a lot of nice bits to my Golf like the heated electric seats, although no memory (^__^)
Auto dipping mirrors on reverse selection and delayed headlights when you switch off so you can see down the road as you leave the car (number of times people have shouted out "you left your lights on" is now innumerable).
Lot of niggling bad design points also, most frustrating at the moment being when it rains and you open the door to get out you get a lap full of water as there's no gutter above the door like you used to get on old cars. Opening the boot when raining has the same problem, all your shopping gets soaked.Really bad design!