What mods would buy with £2000

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you had £2000 to spend on your car what would you spend it on?

Which mods would be the best option for this sort of budget for your car?

Depends on the present spec of the car and if anything is worn out.

Often Id say brakes and suspension

on the caldina thats all done so probably a turbo change and remap.

That should just about cover replacement the OEM VW washer jets which no longer heat and thus freeze up in the cold. Yet another failing thing on this piece of rubbish of a Passat.
Why would anyone buy OEM VW parts when they go wrong constantly??

Fortunately, we are all different so I doubt that there will be a consensus. If a racer then suspension/brakes. If you are into your sounds, then ICE. If a show cruiser, then bling.

A spare £2k at this moment would buy me my wheels and a pair of front tyres.

Talking of that I am due for a pair (of tyres) on the front - the Michelin Primacy 3 I fitted last May are starting to look a bit shabby. The wear is even but I start to squeak at around 3mm.

Typical nose heavy FWD diesel. The rear has Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue fitted and these are still fine after 25,000 miles. So do I fit the same Pirelli tyres to the front or just stick with Michelin Primacy 3?

Not £2k worth btw

I've given up with ICE in the tractor.

Maybe tractor is the wrong word for this Passat, it's not so much agricultural diesel - decidedly slow yet pleasant enough, but industrial diesel - swift enough yet decidedly unpleasant.

I have returned to the indoors music where I can relax and drink alcohol whilst indulging. My ancient pile of hifi is still up to the job.

@ 3mm the tyres will be dangerous on really wet days IMO
The constant heat cycling will also have contributed to hardening of the tread compound and lessened grip levels.

I really fancy a hybrid turbocharger and some high flow injectors (obviously mapped appropriately) but I suspect this is well outside of the £2000 which I don't have anyway.