Your budget for mods this year

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your budget for mods and upgrades for your car this year?

What plans, schemes, hopes and aspirations do you have for the next 12 months.

It's winter now but as the better weather comes we see projects starting to take off again.

The walls here have ears ;) so just quietly I hope to upgrade my turbo to a smaller more responsive GT3076R twin scroll plus 1000cc injectors and a retune and expect 400+ hp at the tyres.

£0 for this year. Spent some cash last year buying an Audi A6 2.7 and getting it re-mapped for 200 bhp plus a couple of other little odds and sods. MOT comes up shortly, don't expect anything but you never know.

Very good question, £3k more I guess to finish this year unless I find someone to supply a set of slightly more aggressive cams for a 3UZ-FE this side of the pond. Usually the budget gets blown early on but sometimes no one has what you want. I'd like a remap.

I am extremely sad when it comes to buying cars. I have done a spreadsheet of monthly tax, fuel and insurance costs for 21 different cars that I would consider, plus the Focus I have now, so we can properly compare, and the results are surprising in some cases. Bizarrely my 2 grand Focus costs around the same to insure as most modern cars, and a lot of the modern ones are actually cheaper.

Mines over a longer period. In July 2011 my car was taken off the road for a rebuild its 838bhp engine showing signs of wear after 3 years of use. It didn't have a dry sump & it needed one so the aim was to fit one & rebuild it. Didn't happen like that New Turbo's, Materials & ECU's were available so plans to attack 1000bhp was born. To date £25500 has been spent on new parts & about £6000 is still required to complete. It sounds a lot but its what Power at this level costs. It has been spent over a 5 year period so that's about £6300 a year which is far less than the historical yearly budget of this car it almost feels its free Power. Its facebook page is below although ive not advertised it people seem to find it. The full resto thread is on Passion Ford so wont be of interest to you guys.
https://www.facebook.com/fastestcosworth/

Its not that much in the grand scheme of things and if that's your thing then why not? You've got something unique there. Cossies have got character, something lacking in a lot of modern cars.