What is the cheapest good looking 2 seaters car can I get with below 10k?

I'm surprised the S2000 hasn't cropped up - it's a stunning little car to drive and not bad to look at either. Plus it has Honda's bullet proof reliability.

I know I am biased and blinkered, but the Lotus Elan (1967-72 vintage) is hard to beat in the pretty stakes and will out handle all the mentioned cars around twisty lanes on its 145mm tyres :) However, you will be very hard pressed to find a decent one for under £15k let alone £10k.

Last edited:
Yes, it is surprising. My battered VW Fox is worth around £1500. My daughter has just bought an M reg (quite old, I know) Mercedes SLK softtop for £1350. The previous owner resprayed in green (not my forst choice) but the interior is immaculate.

This is actually quite a nice car with lots of bells and whistles. Might be worth a look at and a lot less than £10k, leaving a large lump for repairs and upgrades.

Last edited:
You can get a Mercedes SLK 350 for that money it would be my choice. I own a SLK 230 Kompressor & i love it cost a lot more than £1350 though. Not dramatically fast but Class 2seat Topdown motoring.