cheapest cars and more

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
My mechanic is renting a car lot and has started selling cars, mainly big prestige cars and 4x4's surprisingly, he said the small and diesels were harder to shift quickly again this surprised me, However he did say that one particular car sold its self easily, The BMW Mini! This got me thinking as one does, So where is the cheapest place to buy decent cars and how hard or easy is it to turn a few cars around and make a few quid surely the time it takes the dvla to return the documents slows things down too much, (How do the doorstep dealers do things?) Thanks

It's got to be auction? That's where all the small time dealers start off I would imagine? Including eBay. If you're after a quick buck I'd look elsewhere as cheaper cars means smaller margins, probs not worth the effort and risk.

well I actually meant cheaper somewhere than it's value here in Dorset, Dorset is the most expensive place in the UK to buy a used car whereas Scotland, Manchester and the North generally seem so much cheaper than the south, So I guess an Auction or E -bay in the North. I was wondering how easy would it be to make £2k a month on Mini ones alone?

Whilst I'm at it which country may be the cheapest to buy a dry air-cooled 911?(I'm saving at last)

Get an Autotrader, keep it for 3-4 weeks, then ring round and offer low money. If the car is still for sale people will be desparate for a sale and you can get a real bargain this way.

Get an Autotrader, keep it for 3-4 weeks, then ring round and offer low money. If the car is still for sale people will be desparate for a sale and you can get a real bargain this way.

Brilliant idea, One snag is that Mini's do seem to sell, I may try one and see what happens

Cheapest car to buy would be at craigslist. You just have to find the right one and make a deal with them. Another place would be eBay as you can place bid.