what is the best car to mod that is cheap to insure. look at it from a young driver

SLEEPER

Pro Tuner
Re: what is the best car to mod that is cheap to insure. look at it from a young driv

You have 3 choices.....

Lie , bite the bullett or get creative with choice of car.

No 1 is asking fot trouble big time . Its no use not declaring mods- might as well not pay for the insurance since they wont pay a claim if you get caught

you said No 2 is out

So just leaves 3

What you want is a std car thats underated ideally a turbo or larger engine version of something which they dont think exists.

For example Nissan stageas have various 2.5l models some with half as much power as the normal one. The rare S us a totally different car which is so much quicker but the insurance people actually class them as a lower group because they are manual not auto ( no good for a young driver but the idea is the important thing )

I think the mitisbishi colt is the same -Im pretty sure there is an early imported turbo version with the same name that some insurance companies dont know about. They are more intersted in if its modded so getting an early std turbo car might be worth looking into .,
You could always get some quotes before you consider buying one,

Note I am not saying lie to them - just find a company that asks ( or doesnt ask ) the right questions

Big Fat Fatty

The Torque Meister
From
Dorset UK
Car
Accord VTEC Sport
Re: what is the best car to mod that is cheap to insure. look at it from a young driv

Talking of small unknown early turbo cars, the Daihatsu Charade GTti fit's quite nicely in that catagory I think, a 1.0ltr turbo that puts out about 100bhp in a tiny little body that no one really knows exists

mukalingling

Wrench Pro
From
bournemouth
Car
mk3 golf 1.4 match

Nice :p seen the starlets but assumed they woul be too pricey being jap import and turbo'd but hey give it a try :eek: tuned to 200 -300 hp apparently :)

mukalingling

Wrench Pro
From
bournemouth
Car
mk3 golf 1.4 match

There was. A 1.3 micro turbo before it was released to the uk apparently lol