What film inspires you the most

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Of all the car films and road trip movies out there, which one inspires you the most?

Do any films have an impact on your plans to buy your car or tune it up?

Which are your favourite car films?

My favorite car films that've influenced cars I want?
"The Love Bug" (1968. made me wish I could find a rust free 1963 VW Bug)
"Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo" (1977. Makes me wish I could FIND a Lancia Scorpion)
"Who Killed The Electric Car?" (2005. This documentary made me want an electric car. Unfortunately, they're out of my price range. HOPEFULLY, the upcoming Chevrolet Spark EV is reasonably cheap.)
"2 Fast 2 Furious" (2004. To this day, I secretly want a pink Honda S2000.)

If we are talking car based inspiration:

Two Lane Blacktop (more realism in the opening credits than all the F&F films put together)

I never take the F&F movies for realistic, but the over the top cars are what got me interested in modifying in the first place. "Hey if you put the time and money into a car, it can look like this" kind of deal. At age 13 when that movie came out, I was blown away by the thought of that message.

Yeah, I guess that is the age that these films are aimed at. Much older and you quickly realise just how bad they are.

I have Two Lane Blacktop in my collection OG but I have not got around to watching it yet. I do like the film Vanishing Point from 1971.

Yeah, I guess that is the age that these films are aimed at. Much older and you quickly realise just how bad they are.

Believe me, I now realize how bad the movies are. The acting is horrible, the plots are horribly written and predictable, The characters survive crashes and impacts that would kill most normal people and without suffering so much as a scratch. But I still like the movies. With young people not very interested in cars period, I feel these movies may change it like they did for me

Believe me, I now realize how bad the movies are. The acting is horrible, the plots are horribly written and predictable, The characters survive crashes and impacts that would kill most normal people and without suffering so much as a scratch. But I still like the movies. With young people not very interested in cars period, I feel these movies may change it like they did for me

Vin Diesel is a boss though.... :lol:

I loved and still do, the original fast and furious movie. Where the Supra destroys the Ferrari... One of the reaons I am into cars aswell. Seeing what some one has built, not bought. I love the whole principle.

None of them inspired me to be honest, most end in tears! In-car footage of actual racing does it for me and watching the drivers control and foot action. Movies are just scenes of several takes knowing they wrote off many or used CGI to achieve it. As for the FF films, who drives like that?