Has a film every changed your opinion of a car.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Some potential opinion changing films are the Italian Job movies, Gone in 60 seconds, Night rider, Dukes of Hazzard and Fast and Furious.

Did any of these films change the way you feel about a car and was it for the better?

The only thing I see today is the sheer waste of cars whilst filming!

The Italian Job makes me cry when I see those Coopers being destroyed! Same goes for the General Lee! Utter waste.

Other than that it makes no difference to me except when I hear the Mustang growling in the Bullit car chase :bigsmile:

The only thing I see today is the sheer waste of cars whilst filming!

The Italian Job makes me cry when I see those Coopers being destroyed! Same goes for the General Lee! Utter waste.

Just over 300, I believe. Fingers will know the exact number :)

That's a lot of cars to waste.

Arguably the Charger was a waste of metal in the first place, but in the same way the Venus de Milo is a waste of stone, of the Bestheda Fountain is a waste of water!

I can't say any film has changed my opinion on cars, although I spent the second half of the 1980s with an unhealthy interest in 1950s Cadillac ambulances (or should I say hearses?).

I made my wife help me find the firehouse where they filmed the external shots for the Ghostbusters HQ when we went on honeymoon to NYC. I seemed a lot more excited than she did, but then she doesn't have a model of it in her father's garage.