What do you love about cars/driving

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the biggest single thing about cars or driving that you love?

Is it possible to say what it is that primarily drives our passion or does it just incorporate a number of things that add up to a greater overall sum?

Ever since I was allowed to drive I have loved it.
At first it was the freedom, not relying on buses or lifts to get anywhere.
Then as I aged and my disposable income grew I was able to buy (and mod) more exciting cars and found the thrill of acceleration and not having to slow down for corners ;)
But mostly I enjoy getting in the car and driving. Even a simple weekly shop is an exciting 10 minute drive.
I love the sound of engines, the smell of petrol, the hug I get from my driver's seat. Everything.

I didn't say what it was for me. I think primarily it is the acceleration and cornering forces. I love feeling g forces and the more the merrier as they say.

I'm still a schoolboy at heart when it comes to cars/driving.
I do like a good blast down a country lane with the car twitching on the edge of adhesion.

But the one thing that will probably always stay with me is from a standing start at a junction or where ever.

First gear, foot to the floor and dump the clutch and then see how far through second it would keep spinning. Total waste of money but the big black lines left down the road made up for it.
I had a vectra sri that would keep spinning in 3rd. 4th gear too in the wet. |B

Infact that is exactly the reason why I snapped both drive shafts one after the other in my old Primera. lol