what car to get when you turn 21?

one in a million

Road Burner
Car
CLIO 182 YAY!!
I turn 21 next year, and i want to buy myself a 2 litre car, what car do you reckon is best to buy, im after something with a bit of torque, but not to much on the insurance, my budget would be £5000 no more than that lol. any suggestions? i like the 172 cup clios, lexus IS, honda accords definately like the 2.2l turbo coupe astras, calibras are too hard to find genuine, what do you reckon? :blink:

the lexus is a good buy
i had my first lexus when i was 22 that was the LS first of my v8's
but had my first 2.0 when i was 20 and that only cos it was free as then i did not really need a car as i was using my dads v6 shogun

ford mondao. 2.0l tdi. easy to tune i think. only thing is you've got to take a load off plastic off to even see the engine. or mabye a civic;) or the new lexus LFA

Last edited by a moderator:
ok guys thanks alot, perhaps the clio it is, i do like small cars so perhaps thats an idea just havent seen any that are different and that i like, i like the toy blue ones with the black alloys.

yeah i was watching on top gear when jeremy clarkson was testing the clios, and he said about the cheap plastic in the car and the bad turning circle lol, like a lorry doing a u-turn, well i suppose every cars got its bad points and thats just one of them, are the clio 172's reliable or can they be problems?

Pretty reliable if looked after but so are most cars tbh. The insides are cheap and horrible though and fall apart if you look at them.

Pretty reliable if looked after but so are most cars tbh. The insides are cheap and horrible though and fall apart if you look at them.

they fall apart when you look at them, you got super powers lol, tell me how you do it lol.

nah they are nice, the old clio's but its finding one that is different and stands out, there nearly all neon blue and silver, probably have to have a paint job lol. but i did see a nice one on autotrader but it had 57,300 miles on the clock and already had 3 PREVIOUS OWNERS, it just put me off for some reason lol

they fall apart when you look at them, you got super powers lol, tell me how you do it lol.

nah they are nice, the old clio's but its finding one that is different and stands out, there nearly all neon blue and silver, probably have to have a paint job lol. but i did see a nice one on autotrader but it had 57,300 miles on the clock and already had 3 PREVIOUS OWNERS, it just put me off for some reason lol

Mileage and owners mean nothing as long as it's got Full service history.;)

i no im gunna get stick for this but ive always wanted a cooper s the john cooper worx version.

erm id like to experience both well theres alot said for that theyre womens cars?? im glad you dont think so. i no one of the blokes that worked as a group of 30 that deigned the turbocharged version of the cooper s it was by a group that worked for ricardo based near brighton he rates the cars highly!

yeah thaats defintaly a good idea to change when your pushing something to its limmits that much haha!

slid on something on the road 3 cars went all within a couple of days. think hes on the lookout for one but as it has to do 300mile trips every couple of months and there not that reliable. took his 24 hours to get from cornwall home