What are the latest trends in Jap styling

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
Re: Whats your fave F&F car

We were discussing the Skyline from 2fast 2furious and Herb stated that he thought the viynl and neons spoiled the car. What are the latest trends in Jap styling at the moment?

5 Years ago though, neons and vinyls were the 'in-thing'. Not anymore though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed. But it is a Skyline! :D 5 Years ago though, neons and vinyls were the 'in-thing'. Not anymore though.

very true and no matter how much crap is put on it it will still be a great car underneath :lol:
but im curious now whats changed over the last few months in jap styling ??? is it not still kits to big for the car that ruin the cars original look and graphics :confused:

very true and no matter how much crap is put on it it will still be a great car underneath :lol:
but im curious now whats changed over the last few months in jap styling ??? is it not still kits to big for the car that ruin the cars original look and graphics :confused:

Smaller rims and subtle styling has become rather big. Carbon fibre is still very Jap, but vinyl is more drift car styling. I personally think that the Euro styling has influenced the style some what. Not only that, big body kits add weight, Jap tuners don't like that. Not to mention body kits have been ruined by chavs in bubble Corsas. My opinion anyway.

Smaller rims and subtle styling has become rather big. Carbon fibre is still very Jap, but vinyl is more drift car styling. I personally think that the Euro styling has influenced the style some what. Not only that, big body kits add weight, Jap tuners don't like that. Not to mention body kits have been ruined by chavs in bubble Corsas. My opinion anyway.

well im glad of this because smooth and low can improve the looks of most cars on the road no matter what car your in to (euro is just a name) im pretty sure chip foose and barry white have been doing this on american muscle long before the name euro style became main stream

From the shows I've been to the Jap look is getting to be more of a motorsport look. Vents and spoilers/wings are now added for effect rather than just appearance. I guess people have less money so are concentrating on performance.