Wbat mods are you happy to do yourself?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What sort of modifications have you done or would you be happy to do yourself and which ones would you take to the garage.

so far ive tryed every thing thats gone rong or ive wanted to do. but ive got an ex mechanic dad to help if i screw it up lol.

i guess id have a go at just about anything, other than aanything to do with timing belt, and i'd stop dismantling when i get to the cams :p

i like to try anything that seems like a challenge but all in all i dont like messing with my own safety...

gearbox/clutch takes too long and can't be arsed :D

i have done more or less everything you can think off
including suspension , brakes ,engine conversion etc .
still lot to learn though ,

i would love to be
able to do porting on my cyl. heads one day 8)

The furthest I've gone with DIY on cars is to replace a headlamp bulb or the odd blown fuse.

I used to service my own car years and years ago but they were much simpler then. You could get at the engine and remove service items (filters etc.) without having to wade through tons of plastic covers and wiring connectors.

You could also fiddle with fuel mixture on carb fed motors and play with ignition timing using just one spanner!

I have a good understanding of mechanics but don't have the patience or ability to do things properly so I leave it to the pros now.

HDi fun said:
I have a good understanding of mechanics but down have the patience or ability to to things properly so I leave it to the pros now.
Please check your grammar and spelling HDIfun :lol: :lol: I guess you've had a long day! :wink:

aswearing said:
i guess id have a go at just about anything, other than aanything to do with timing belt, and i'd stop dismantling when i get to the cams :p

Would you attempt to fit a 4-piece bodykit to a car and paint it? :D

waynne said:
HDi fun said:
I have a good understanding of mechanics but down have the patience or ability to to things properly so I leave it to the pros now.
Please check your grammar and spelling HDIfun :lol: :lol: I guess you've had a long day! :wink:

That's was crap, wasn't it! I think a long few bottles of cheap red didn't help either.,

Rgds,

P.

yes pixel i would, and i'd smooth it into the body with fibreglass and sand it down.

4 piece bodykits are mass produced, this ones personal :wink:

I'd attempt to do a lot to mine. Maybe not a full body respray. But you cant trust other people to do your mods for you, best do it yourself, if you break something, you know where you have went wrong and can learn from it.