washer jets???

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
just wandering whether anyone knows of a mist windscreen washer a similar shape to this???
DSC00214.jpg
cause i was in an insignia the other week and it had mist jets and i liked them. so without really thinking i went and bought some:embarrest:
DSC00215.jpg
i could get them to fit into the scuttle panel with some faffing around which tbh at the minuet i cant be arsed!
so if anyone knows of any similar to the flat shaped 1 above please let me know:bigsmile:

i want some for my audi as well as i do like them

i would get some for the landrover as well at the min i am using a bottle of water seem to work good lol

My 406 Peugeot had these and I found them to be very liberal - almost wasteful - with the juice.
They can't be any worse than my 4 jets that cover the roof aswell as the windscreen
Where they a similar size/shape to the first pic?

No, there were odd looking things with the water spring from a vertical aperture about 4mm high and probably under 0.5mm wide. They were mounted underneath rear edge of the bonnet lid.

The ones on Audi A4s and A6s are much better than the PSA ones - they're nowhere near as wasteful with wash fluid. The Audi ones might actually fit your car.

My E39 has standard bonnet mounted ones (ie. four spray jets in total) but they seem to work effectively. It's got the intensive wash system as well which feeds the same jets via a pair of diverter valves.

Try aligning the current ones with a pin. It's a time consuming and messy job. You will get soaked I'm sorry to advise.

No, there were odd looking things with the water spring from a vertical aperture about 4mm high and probably under 0.5mm wide. They were mounted underneath rear edge of the bonnet lid.

The ones on Audi A4s and A6s are much better than the PSA ones - they're nowhere near as wasteful with wash fluid. The Audi ones might actually fit your car.

My E39 has standard bonnet mounted ones (ie. four spray jets in total) but they seem to work effectively. It's got the intensive wash system as well which feeds the same jets via a pair of diverter valves.

Try aligning the current ones with a pin. It's a time consuming and messy job. You will get soaked I'm sorry to advise.

I adjusted the directions me them the other day. And no matter where I placed them they would squirt either the body or totally miss the car:(

I adjusted the directions me them the other day. And no matter where I placed them they would squirt either the body or totally miss the car:(

It is a slow job - the adjustments required are very very small. Couple of solutions.

First is to ake 'em off and blow out any rubblish with an airline. Hard water can clog 'em badly.

But the better option is to buy a new pair of jets from a Seat dealer and fit those. They will adjust much more smoothly (not clooged up with calcium carbonate etc.) which will alow you to make the required tiny changes in the aim. It doesn't take more than 1-2 degrees to change the point where the water hits the screen. This is difficult with old jets, especially if you're in a hard water area.

It's like trying to tune a bass with sticky old machine heads on it. Impossible.

A popular mist spray change is to use Citroen ones, many fit them to the MGs, I fitted a set to the wifes MGF and they are fine, much better than the OE ones. Was a straight swap.

Flat single jet, part number 6438.V8 about £7 a pair.

Im guessing that's what was on my Peugeot then. Same company. Cleaned very well but had a thirst for wash fluid.

I guess the pump was more powerful on the Peugeot as the MG ones are not that aggressive, uses less fluid than the OE set-up. But yes you are right, same parts as the packaging has both logos printed on it.

Peugeot strangely seemed to over engineer everything on the later 406 (post 2001) and especially on the high end spec models which I had. This fits with your point about the pump being more powerful - perhaps that's it, over the top, and needlessly so.

I always remember the wiper mounted washers being pretty good on the early ones. Something few bettered, tried to make my own when racing, never seemed to pump enough water.

I always remember the wiper mounted washers being pretty good on the early ones. Something few bettered, tried to make my own when racing, never seemed to pump enough water.

That was the 405, not the 406. The cars are as different as chalk and molybdenum alloy.

Not that I disliked the 405s at all. It was probably the finest handling 80's FWD mass market car.

That was the 405, not the 406. The cars are as different as chalk and molybdenum alloy.

Not that I disliked the 405s at all. It was probably the finest handling 80's FWD mass market car.

That's exactly why I prefer cars with names! Hard to picture a number against a particular model, unless you are a follower but too may variations over the years for me!

The numbers get silly. BMW's are very confusing now. Especially the derv models:

525d 530d and 535d all use the same 3 litre engine.

118d 120d and 123d are all the same 4 cylinder 2 litre.

The 316i Compact was a 1.9 8 valve unit.

316i has been a carb fed 1.8.

etc etc.

Last edited:
ok got it wrong. i thought the ones on the bora may have been a close match but i think they are different as they are hidden away, not quite a real mist but a spray that is a half mist

will try and pull one out next week so i can get a picture, the picture you posted reminds me off my civic ones