What windshield washer do you use?

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
What do you put in your windshield washer water reservoir?

Also do you do a different ratio of mix in summer and winter?

Is it worth buying the mix with water windshield washer fluid or the one that comes already made up?

I never buy the ready mixed ones, you are paying for water, which is something you can add at home. It usually works out cheaper to buy the concentrated ones.

The good windscreen washer fluids have bug and grease removers as well as frost/ice protection which are very handy.

Car windscreen washers I've used and recommend

Car Plan Demon Freeze & Screen wash are good
Holts concentrated screen wash smells a bit but works superbly at removing summer bugs.

DON'T USE RAINX - the coating it forms makes the screen more likely to mist up and is in my opinion quite dangerous! If you don't use your wipers and are driving in heavy rain the RAINX products work really well, but on those damp mornings where you have a fine mist on the screen and use your wipers is just became a smeary mess NB: (I've not used this for 7 years now, so they may have improved their formula)

I had a mate that used washing up liquid and apart from the lethal foaming bubbles it made, it also stripped some of his paintwork -more specifically it removed the wax protection and he ended up with some rust spots.

You can actually get a lot of these items at no extra costs on our Amazon link and the sales will earn us a small commission which helps to offset our running costs.

Admittedly I live in a part of a country that doesn't have the cold extremes like you do Obi and have used Rainex for many years without any misting problems.