VW Polo - Tuning Complications

NFS

Car
VW Polo 1.4 16V
I recently decided to install the throttle body of a GTI into my 1.4 16V polo (2001). Everything fits and works perfect, all bolts match and the buterfly valve opens correctly. However the car revs now jump with only one fault code appearing -

17961 - Barometeric / Manifold air pressure: implausible correlation

I have checked for any air leaks but nothing what-so-ever. Error seems to come up due to too much air entering?

Can sum1 please tell me how i can solve this problem.

Cheers

I'm sure this is a duplicate thread? Can't find the other one though. If it is let me know and i'll do a tidy up.

hiya m8 it could be ur air flow meter with it suckin more air than it use to yhe ecu won't no whats happening even then it may cum up wit more codes like the lamda sensors.

it is a common fault with the 6n and 6n2 polo engines and its to do with the throttle body they dont actually have a air flow sensor the ecu uses throttle position to determine the amount of air going into the engine, after a little while the sensor in the throttle body gets worn and dirty and doesnt give a very good signal to the ecu, which is why you get hunting on idle.
try cleaning the throttle body thoroughly with break cleaner, this does work for a while but the problem usually comes back.
hope this helps