tuning a polo

uminume

Car
vw polo n9
hey ppl .. am new here .. i have a vw polo ( 2003 ) .. it's 1.1 and i wanna increase the horse power but am afraid to ruin it .. and i also wanna lower it but i dunno how low and how do u lower a car ?? do u cut or just buy shorter suspensions and coils ??

hey and welcome. if you want to increase the Hp of that engine itll be a case of throwing it in the bin and fitting another. you could throw loads of money at it and end up with maybe 10bhp more where as you could find a 1.6 or 1.8 and fit that in its place for a much bigger gain more cheaply

lowing the car several options
1 - cut the springs - not recommended as they will have less tension for the weight in them. the shorter spring will also mean that the shocks will also have less room and wear quicker along with bottoming out
2 - lowering spring - better than cutting them but again if not matched to shorter shocks then you will have the same problems
3 - springs and shocks - probably the best setup if your willing to spend the money matching good springs to shocks. be warned though it can be expensive
4 - coilovers - normally said to be the best way it allows you to lower as much or as little as you want (to the extend of the adjusters) and is also 1 unit
hope that is of some help

thnx man ,, it's just that i had an accident recently and am replacing lots of parts that's why am considering exchangin parts for ones that may give more hp as am gonna change them anyway ... if u have any other tips in mind i wanna knw cuz it's a mess here am like changing everything .. but am keepin the engine it's almost the only thing that made it :D mayb later am seriously thinking it but not right nw ,, and the cuz of the accident was that the stability of the car is crap i got 15" rims the widest of the 15'' and still i cant get any out that .. recommend any specific tires or anything else that might increase the stability .. ??

to be honest my advise would be just to leave pretty much everything as standard powerwise. stuff like the suspension is worhtwhile uprating.

get the whole suspension setup checked and aligned you may have bent the suspension - strut, wishbone, track rods, hub or even the wheel might be buckled. theres no point looking at tyres if anything is wrong