vtec and cams, my expieriance

prevtec

Pro Tuner
Car
prelude 2.2vtec jap
today i went looking at sir civics with the brother and 1 paticular car got my attention

it was a civic coupe with a gsr stage 2 dohc vtec 1.8 from an integra type r, with ajustable cam gears, (??????????? never heard of this before)

anyway basically what the stage 2 is, is that you have a kick from vtec at 5000 rpm, and another at 6000 rpm

in gods honest truth, its crap
just noise, no power or kick, whatever the cams did, it wrecked the vtec
this car was supposed to be 220 bhp, more like 20 bhp

i checked the engine and it was perfect, no smoke, noise, rattles, nothing

so advise to any vtec owners

either get cams that work properly, or in my eyes, leave the engine alone
its quiet powerfull enough without fiddling with them, the cam side of things at least

That sounds like a classic case of not doing your research first.;) I bet he wasted a lot of money on it as well!

That sounds like a classic case of not doing your research first.;) I bet he wasted a lot of money on it as well!
a lot of money was spent on the car alright, and it had a conversion from the standard engine to a 1.8 type r engine, it could be they werent fitted properly, but who knows, its definatly the weakest vtec i ever drove, no kick what so ever, just noise

ah well, thats 1 thing dropped from my list of future modds planned for the prelude

a lot of money was spent on the car alright, and it had a conversion from the standard engine to a 1.8 type r engine, it could be they werent fitted properly, but who knows, its definatly the weakest vtec i ever drove, no kick what so ever, just noise

ah well, thats 1 thing dropped from my list of future modds planned for the prelude

It's good to learn from other people's mistakes.