Vinyl Window Tint DIY

I was just wondering whether there is anyone who has done vinyl window tint them selves.

Ive watched videos on youtube but when ive asked people they say it isnt good

the best way ive found is to cut it using the outside of the window, spray the vinyl and window with water during application so you can slide it into place then remove the water so it sticks

Any adivice would be good

Nice one

I was just wondering whether there is anyone who has done vinyl window tint them selves.

Ive watched videos on youtube but when ive asked people they say it isnt good

the best way ive found is to cut it using the outside of the window, spray the vinyl and window with water during application so you can slide it into place then remove the water so it sticks

Any adivice would be good

Nice one

Your just about on the button with that mate. You get better results when the glass is removed from the car. I've done it once along time ago but if you take your time and maybe get someone to help you it should go ok. Be sure the glass is cleaned properly.

alri nicee one

how easy isit to remove the glass ?

and yeh i intended to get a cuple of mates to help me, looks pretty tricky to do on your own

Cheeeeers

Proper film needs to be shrunk to fit, they use a hot air gun and flat blade to do this. It is tricky and looks really gash if it goes wrong. Personally I'd rather pay a bit of dosh and get someone to do a professional job for me. It's the sort of thing that will soak up a whole weekend but take a pro a couple of hours tops to do.

Remember the rear window has a heater strip in it. I've seen some pros put the film on the outside of the rear window for this reason but I don't know if that is standard practice or not.

You also need to note the current laws which include that you cannot tint the front or driver/front passenger windows (a small percentage of tint is permissible but is hardly noticeable as a tint) or you will be asked to remove this on the spot when caught.

yeah i only want to do the rear window and the back two side windows

yeh thats my worry is it will go wrong, and when it does it looks awfull, really cheap

Its £20 for the vinyl but i can pay £60 for a pro job

think ill go for the pro job unless anyone can say they have done it and its worked out well

Cheers waynne

yeah i only want to do the rear window and the back two side windows

yeh thats my worry is it will go wrong, and when it does it looks awfull, really cheap

Its £20 for the vinyl but i can pay £60 for a pro job

think ill go for the pro job unless anyone can say they have done it and its worked out well

Cheers waynne

Buddy as I said above I have done tints in the past and with care and patience you should be ok. A hairdryer is good enough to get the film to shrink use a clean smooth flat blade and just take your time. With a friend with you it will make it that bit easier.
Remember though not to open the tinted windows for a few days whilst they dry.

my back ones dont open anyway lol and there tinted round the edges anyway so fiting wont have to be perfect

Okay cheers mate i will have a go actually, i want to try and do most of the mods to my car myself anyway,

Ill let you know how i get on

Thanks buddy

Nice one mate get stuck in. If it doesn't come out perfect at least you'll have the experience to do a better job if you do it a second time.
I like your attitude it's the same with me. I try and do everything myself to my cars. :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Good luck buddy.

haha yeh i rekon its better, i dont have a clue like but i think its the only way ill learn really, im going to buy a air induction kit and try do that myself, it coems with intrustions so should be okay but iof not i can always ask a garage if i fail lol

Isit easy to take off the vinyl if it goes wrong ?

haha yeh i rekon its better, i dont have a clue like but i think its the only way ill learn really, im going to buy a air induction kit and try do that myself, it coems with intrustions so should be okay but iof not i can always ask a garage if i fail lol

Isit easy to take off the vinyl if it goes wrong ?

If you warm it yeah it shouldn't be too hard to remove.

:bigsmile:yeh sure

ive just bought a spoiler too today (£45 bargain) lol and my girlfriends getting me blacked out rear lights and a exhasut back box too for my birthday

So when its all on ill get some pics up :bigsmile: nice one

Yeh cheers mate, that was lot of help
Ill have a go maybe next week some time
Got exams like so not too much spare time

Cheers buddy :bigsmile: