tyre diffrence

if youve got a heavier car then the extra load ones.
runflats ive heard alot of bad reports about them with regards to road handling and harshness noise etc.

run flats are for people who dont know how to change a wheel if its punctured, or if its too dirty a job for them, basically, a women or if your posh

run flats are for people who dont know how to change a wheel if its punctured, or if its too dirty a job for them, basically, a women or if your posh

THe Ultraseal permanent sealant/conditioner is very good, apart from the horrendous problems if you want to re-balance a tyre part way through its life. It can be done but it's a very laborious process.

Alternatively, keep a can or two of Tyre Weld in the car. I've never used it personally but by all accounts it's a reasonable get U home/get U 2 the nearest tyre dealer product.

There was a bloke stuck on the A422 this evening who had a flat NSF tyre and could not get the wheel off the hub despite removing all the bolts.

So, in my public spirited way I stopped and rather than offer to get involved (and all muddy) I handed him a can of the stuff, buggered off and left him to it :)

An alternative way of looking at it is that a puncture is life's way of telling you that there is something wrong with the tyre. Filling the tyre with magic repair gunge hides this fact, maybe until it is too late.

I would use the emergency get me home stuff but never the stuff that is permanently in the tyre. I value my life too much for that.

An alternative way of looking at it is that a puncture is life's way of telling you that there is something wrong with the tyre. Filling the tyre with magic repair gunge hides this fact, maybe until it is too late.

I would use the emergency get me home stuff but never the stuff that is permanently in the tyre. I value my life too much for that.

Tyreweld is simply a get you home/get you the the nearest tyre dealer product.

Ultraseal is installed when the tyre is fitted. In my opinion it does work superbly, apart from the problem I found when it comes to mid life tyre/rim balancing. It's possible but results in a lot of hard work.

Shropshire Ambulance Service uses Ultraseal as means to minimise downtime and it appears to work for them.

I agree that some tyre problems will absolutely result in the fitment of a new tyre but if this stuff can control a total loss of inflation at worst, then that cannot be bad.

No 'permanent' sealant will cope with a trashed sidewall. It's not supposed to do so.

It might just buy you a few seconds of 'dig yourself out time' however.

Products such as this are perhaps mis-marketed. Your average car user/owner/driver pays no attention to tyres. They're not checked one month or the next. Sealant installed or not.

But I like the idea of having something that can deal with minor tread area 'offences' that keeps me mobile.

And I do inspect my tyres regularly.

Tyreweld is simply a get you home/get you the the nearest tyre dealer product.

Ultraseal is installed when the tyre is fitted. In my opinion it does work superbly, apart from the problem I found when it comes to mid life tyre/rim balancing. It's possible but results in a lot of hard work.

Shropshire Ambulance Service uses Ultraseal as means to minimise downtime and it appears to work for them.

I agree that some tyre problems will absolutely result in the fitment of a new tyre but if this stuff can control a total loss of inflation at worst, then that cannot be bad.

No 'permanent' sealant will cope with a trashed sidewall. It's not supposed to do so.

It might just buy you a few seconds of 'dig yourself out time' however.

Products such as this are perhaps mis-marketed. Your average car user/owner/driver pays no attention to tyres. They're not checked one month or the next. Sealant installed or not.

But I like the idea of having something that can deal with minor tread area 'offences' that keeps me mobile.

And I do inspect my tyres regularly.

The last line is the killer. Most people don't check their tyres. A nail in a tyre masked by Ultraseal is a disaster waiting to happen. I think that, as punctures are a rare event these days, I will stick with plain ol' air.

Punctures are rarer now than they used to be.

You could remove that nail from the tyre and it the ultraseal will fix the problem permanently and safely. If it's in the tread area, that is.

But, here's a scary thought: what if it was in the shoulder or sidewall? Ultraseal might disguise such damage and leave you with a time bomb.

I had loads in 2007 due to a local small housing development where contractors were less than careful about dropped studs, drill bits, and screws etc. on the road