Turbo fitting

Another I want to turbo my car thread

There should make a sticky called ....... You cant just bolt a turbo on any engine

Anyways

The easiest way is to find out if any hyundais with your engine had turbos.

If yes then thats the route to go - use those parts

Having said that even then its not a simple job and means a lot more work and ££££s than most people think . Its often much easier to put a larger engine in the car as a turbo will mean the following minimum

new map
new fuel pump
bigger injectors
lots of new pipework
and of course falling out with your insurance company (or finding another one)

some issues you need to look at assuming this is a serious thread and you havnt just seen an ebay turbo kit for pennies

Can my engine take the power
Can my engine take the heat
Is there space
Is my compression ratio too high
Plus if hyundai didnt do a turbo there is probably a good reason

Having said all of this done properly you can add some serious extra power

But just remember .......There is never a simple fix to get lots more power. If there was you would know about it.

Forgive my ignorance but isnt installing an air induction kit to a car to add power (+ a "cool" sound which is what a lot of people are after) rather easy (compared to other ways of adding power)? maybe that could be an easier way for him to add power to his car.

Induction kits will give at most 10bhp but depends on the car in question, some may give zero! How it is fitted will determine the final results.

Turbo charging is for big gains and for big bucks. As already said a nasp engine will need alot of work to make it accept a turbo charger, assuming there is room in the engine bay for it and the intercooler. Compression ratios will need to be altered and pistons machined to achieve this. There's always supercharging, but that has its issues as well. Nitrous is another, but only good for short bursts and well maintained engines, NOS is not cheap these days.

Always best to use a donor vehicle that uses that configuration.

Thanks alot. I guess the short answer is no. I fitted a K&N air filter yesterday. It doesnt realy seem to add any power, if anything ive probably lost a tiny bit. However it does sound sweet. My friend just got a 58 plate Golf GT TDI 140bph. I raced them and we couldnt pull away from each other. So good to know my Hyundai hasnt lost much power over the 5 year age advantage the Golf has

Thanks alot. I guess the short answer is no. I fitted a K&N air filter yesterday. It doesnt realy seem to add any power, if anything ive probably lost a tiny bit. However it does sound sweet. My friend just got a 58 plate Golf GT TDI 140bph. I raced them and we couldnt pull away from each other. So good to know my Hyundai hasnt lost much power over the 5 year age advantage the Golf has

Drop in performance air filters are ery expensive as well. Dial in the overall cost of tack oil, cleaning, cleaning chemicals, hand cleaning chemicals etc etc you might as well just use an OEM dealer supplied filter and swap it every six months or so. Whenever it's necessary. At about £5 a go it's cheap and easy.