Towing Cars.

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Right people can anyone tell me if it's legal to tow a car around 3 miles with a tow rope and also the car that is being towed has no insurance?
It has tax and MOT but no insurance. Is it legal?

I actually thought it was ok. But not sure these days. The police seem to be finding all sorts of reasons to impound cars cars nowadays. Dunno whether I dare risk it.

No, it must be a controlled tow, i.e. using a rigid bar, 'A' frame, etc. A tow rope can only be used for emergency purposes nowadays and that is limited to towing a vehicle out of the way of danger or for the prevention of an accident.
As for the insurance, i haven't a clue but i doubt very much if the towed vehicle would be covered if it was on the end of a rope. Ask your insurance company, they are the people who would ultimately pay out on a claim or not and would hopefully know the correct answer.

check with your insurance - the car thats doing the towing might cover

would advise however getting a straight bar rather than a rope as im never towing anyone again with a rope due to it losing and gaining tension

if it was me i would just do it we tow things about alot on just a normal tow rope and the bigest car/van around is fun when you doing about 70 and you can see cos you behind a big van lol adds to the fun

when i had my lexus i towed a little nova that we had just been given bloke i work with was in it with the foot brake and hand brake on trying to slow me down lol all four wheels was locked and i did not even fill it infact we snaped the rope before we got back to work lol