Torque Cars

top end noise

Discussion in 'Lancer EVO forums' started by 0512max, 20 July 2011.

1. 0512max

0512max Newbie

Carlow Ireland
    Car:
    evo5
    my 98 evo 5 130000klm top end has got intermittent tapping noise, sometimes its fine but other times it comes and goes regularly. also my yan control warning light is on and is noisy at the rear right hand side, after stopping and moving off again, has anybody got any ideas ? thanks

2. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    Howdo. Is the tapping dependent on revs, or when the engine is cold, or when cornering? Does your oil light sometimes flicker on when dropping to idle?

3. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! ;)

4. bigbadjoe

bigbadjoe Pro Tuner

Elgin - Scotland
    Car:
    Evo 8 @ 400bhp
    Hello and Welcome.

When was the last time you had your car serviced. Not sure what the top end noise is. But your yaw light is more than likely due to a service. If you have had it done was it done in a ralley art approved garage? I know that to drain the yaw flued you need a certain tool (that you wont find down halfords or B+Q). The the yaw flued was changed using the incorrect tool, then it might not be sealed correctly.

For spetialist advise (these guys only touch evo's) five Indigo GT a call. If they don't know, then no one will.

http://www.shop.indigo-gt.co.uk/contact_us.php?

Last edited: 20 July 2011
  5. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
    Hope you enjoy your time with us.

6. 0512max

0512max Newbie

Carlow Ireland
    Car:
    evo5
    hi , the tapping just comes and goes on low revs, cant hear it above 3000 revs, no sign of the oil light coming on at all, i think i,ll get oil pressure checked with a gauge just to rule out oil pump

7. 0512max

0512max Newbie

Carlow Ireland
    Car:
    evo5
    thanks for your reply, i havnt had the yaw serviced at all since ive had the car and have no service history so id say the oil needs changing and serviced then