top end noise

0512max

Car
evo5
my 98 evo 5 130000klm top end has got intermittent tapping noise, sometimes its fine but other times it comes and goes regularly. also my yan control warning light is on and is noisy at the rear right hand side, after stopping and moving off again, has anybody got any ideas ? thanks

Howdo. Is the tapping dependent on revs, or when the engine is cold, or when cornering? Does your oil light sometimes flicker on when dropping to idle?

Hello and Welcome.

When was the last time you had your car serviced. Not sure what the top end noise is. But your yaw light is more than likely due to a service. If you have had it done was it done in a ralley art approved garage? I know that to drain the yaw flued you need a certain tool (that you wont find down halfords or B+Q). The the yaw flued was changed using the incorrect tool, then it might not be sealed correctly.

For spetialist advise (these guys only touch evo's) five Indigo GT a call. If they don't know, then no one will.

http://www.shop.indigo-gt.co.uk/contact_us.php?

Last edited:
Howdo. Is the tapping dependent on revs, or when the engine is cold, or when cornering? Does your oil light sometimes flicker on when dropping to idle?
hi , the tapping just comes and goes on low revs, cant hear it above 3000 revs, no sign of the oil light coming on at all, i think i,ll get oil pressure checked with a gauge just to rule out oil pump

Hello and Welcome.

When was the last time you had your car serviced. Not sure what the top end noise is. But your yaw light is more than likely due to a service. If you have had it done was it done in a ralley art approved garage? I know that to drain the yaw flued you need a certain tool (that you wont find down halfords or B+Q). The the yaw flued was changed using the incorrect tool, then it might not be sealed correctly.

For spetialist advise (these guys only touch evo's) five Indigo GT a call. If they don't know, then no one will.

http://www.shop.indigo-gt.co.uk/contact_us.php?
thanks for your reply, i havnt had the yaw serviced at all since ive had the car and have no service history so id say the oil needs changing and serviced then

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back