Tiby madness

xxarmedforcesxx

Car
99 tiburon 2.0
hello everyone, I recently just sold a neon that I have been building for 3 years. I thought that if I used upper compression ratio pistons, port/polishing my head and intake, made a higher lph on fuel pump and open the cfm on my throttle body, fidanza adjustable timing, light weight everything, removed all emisions, etc that it would make that car awesome in a quarter mile. Well I was wrong, I should have listened. The neon was pushing 12 to 1 compression ratio running turbo blue with out the nitrous and this car would smoke like crazy when it was first fired up. I decided on using the r/t transmission and for all to say the neon was impoved but not anywhere close on what I wanted. So I SOLD IT!

I bought this 1999 tiburon. As I look at stats on this car it would be really impressive to make this car into a quarter mile car but I have no clue about import vehicles. I was always a dodge and chevy fan. I got the idea to turbocharge the engine and run a nitrous oxide system to remove lag and that the nitrous will shut down when the turbo starts pushing 15 psi of boost but i really dont know if that is enough. My question is for the beta1 2.0 liter G4GF engine. I have a hard time finding any parts made for this engine and it has been very confusing. Does anyone know where should I check out to get a good set up for my internals? What would be the best material to use? IE/ Aluminum 2320. Should I do a complete engine swap? If so what motor will work for this model?

Hello and welcome, nice to meet you. It sounds like you are learning from your mistakes.

Why not have a chat with a specailist machine shop near you who can advise on internal engine mods. You need to decide on a turbo or supercharger before you do any work.

Balancing and blueprinting will allow you to use higher RPM safely.

Isn't the G4GF a diesel engine?

What I know about the whole G4GF is supposed to be the hyundai 2.0 DOHC atleast thats what is comming up when I type in hydundai G4GF. Ya I learned my mistakes the hard way but mainly was because I didnt use the right material for the rings and the rings couldnt hold up all the compression and would then cause blow by. Or atleast thats what my other Techician was saying to me... But my question is can I pull out more rpms out of my engine if everything is balanced ex. the crank etc then use the right metal? because this car is maxed out at 148 and that is complete redlining.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back