Things to tell the wife to get permisson

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We all have those same obsticles. You just need to be smart and give a "reason" for the mod. Here are a few I've used.

I posted this in another thread but it seemed to be ripe for your own suggestions so here it is in a new thread of its own!

Want a sports exhaust because it's loud and will enhance top end power.
Reason "a stainless steel high performance exhaust is good quality, will last substantially longer than the standard one and only costs a little more!"

Induction kits,
"Instead of paying for a new paper filter each year a washable induction kit will save that expense and will eventually pay for itself!"

Engine Swap
"I was thinking that if we got a Ferrari engine you would be safer as you could accelerate out of danger! Plus it will happily pull a lot more shopping for you and you'll make it to the blue cross sale quicker than all of your friends so will get the bargains!"

See with a little thought you can convince your wife of anything. What other suggestions can you make.

Handling mods are a no brainer- better handling is safer of course :p

You'll have to let us know how that engine swap excuse goes down, I've a good idea myself :p

I'm lucky in a way - my girlfriend is also a petrol head so I don't really need an excuse. It does however open up a whole different can of worms. The most recent debate was why I am allowed to buy some BBS wheels when the last 'mod' was my exaust and not the KW suspension she wanted for her car...

Now the answer is simple. I'll get more fun looking at my BBS wheels than I will looking at her lowered Bora... BUT how do i tell her that tactfully !! :p

Hopefully she never joins Torque Cars... although she frequents some Vag Girls forum i think, so its only a matter of time :/

i don't really have any obstacles aside from saving up the money that is. my wife and i both have seperate accounts that we use for our own purposes. we get $50 every other week. We also have a joint account that we use for all the day to day stuff like food and bills.

i don't really have any obstacles aside from saving up the money that is. my wife and i both have seperate accounts that we use for our own purposes. we get $50 every other week. We also have a joint account that we use for all the day to day stuff like food and bills.

this is the same as me and my wife we both put £700 a month into a joint account this more than covers the household bills, holidays and unexpected problems
the rest of our money is free to spend on whatever we like so i need no excuses

We do this same system as well with all our money going into the joint account and we each get a monthly allowance! It does save a lot of arguements and works well. The trouble is that the car is a joint expense!