The XM

Well here is my little baby
3338185019_51860ab740.jpg

Ive done pretty much all i wanted with the body, morretts, 17" rims and a re spray.

For my next project this is the XU10 J2T low pressure turbo engine that will be going into it eventualy once ive rebuilt it.
3290530165_d6f56e8787.jpg

rebuilt lots of engines, its what keeps me sane:lol: but never really got into tuning so when the time comes im hoping for a little guidance.

D

I have to say I don't really like those cars but you've done well with that buddy it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Good luck with the engine transplant buddy. :bigsmile:

I quite like them Dean. I like what you've done with it. The lights and alloys look great. They are fantastic motroway cruisers.

Thanks for the comments, i can understand its not everyones cup of tea with it being a heavy motorway cruiser and this a tuning forum:lol:.
I got the engine out of the donor last weekend
3401747607_2ca9c5a88e.jpg

but ive got an autobox to finnish putting back together before i can clear some space to strip the lump in.
Ive had a talk with some blokes on the cit forums and they recon i can run up to 250bhp with reliability but 200bhp sounds more sensible to me, what do you think?, im after more torque than hp really has anyone any experiance of these XU engines??

D

If you are unsure I'd split the difference and go with 225bhp. The turbo engines are pretty solid though and as long as you don't rag it all the time you should be ok with 250bhp.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back