stupid things u or ur friends hav done driving

biohazard65

Wrench Pro
Car
Ford Falcon Ba Xt
my friend who is a p plater has done up an old celica theirs a few shortcuts he has taken like using cable ties to hold the pipes and hoses on and not the proper hose clamps. he has a turbo on it which p platers arent allowed to use.

his car isnt rego'd not road worthy and he has his lisence suspended for street racing. he was at a set of lights 1 night and the car next to him was an under cover cop which he didnt know the cop was telling him he wants to race my friend agreed.

as soon as my friend took off bout 1/2 a km the cop pulled him over fined him for car not rego'd driving while suspended 2nd or 3rd time caught racing the cop decided to confiscate the car and my friend has no chance of getting it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like your friend got what he deserved. I was in a car once with a mate who by the end of the journey had shaved and managed to change his shoes and put a shirt and tie on! To say I wasn't happy at the time was an understatement!:eek:

One of the funniest things I've seen is when we were coming back from work and my mate in the passenger seat (I was in the back, another driver) opened the window and slapped a cyclist on her arse at about 30mph. Ouch!

Same journey we had to pull over and all jump out because there was a wasp in the car. Karma karma chameleon!

My cousin once drove a car from a scrapyard about 2 miles to his house using some grips for steering and a deckchair as a drivers seat.:amazed:
He did infact fall off the chair going round a shape corner.:lol:

get a lift by someone in a BORROWED ;) car, driving along changing gear with a fag in one hand and steering with a broken hand in a cast.

Funniest thing I probably did was take my friend to ikea in my little smart car to buy a large desk with no fore-thought and realised it was far too big to fit in the car even in flat pack form. So we split the flatpack sections up, put the smaller sections in the footwell and down the back of the seats before tying the back of the car open with string and putting the two long sections through the car, between the two seats and hanging out the back. I had to get my friend to lift up the plank of wood to change gear and every time I hit the brakes it leant against one of the indicator stalks and the headlights came on. For 115 miles. Good times.

I had a friend who completely filled up his engine with oil! He just kept pouring it in until he could see oil through the filler!

Then he started the engine and it just seized up on him!

Heard of a friend of a friend who use to surf on his car roof with his mates ie. stand on the roof of the car while being driven by someone - clown!

I had a friend who completely filled up his engine with oil! He just kept pouring it in until he could see oil through the filler!

Then he started the engine and it just seized up on him!
Done this myself but the engine didn't seize up. Started it up drove to the end of my street with a smoke screen that filled my street then the car died. My old man came out and helped me push it back outside our house. Luckily my uncle was visiting that weekend and helped me drain 20 litres of oil out of the car:oops: Put the specified 5 back in the engine run and drove but had very little power.
So ended up having a new engine fitted by my mates old man who took less than an hour to get the old one out and an hour to get the new one in and running:cool: But then realised the clutch had seized and spent a good 2hrs getting it free and cause he was such a nice bloke only charged me £30 for all that work:woot:

Well I admit at 18 I knew nothing about cars in the slightest! I knew the dipstick was there to tell you how much oil was in there but thought it was misreading cause I couldn't see the oil at the top of the engine through the oil cap. The funny thing is I was on my way to motoraids to gat more oil:lol:

my friend who is a p plater has done up an old celica theirs a few shortcuts he has taken like using cable ties to hold the pipes and hoses on and not the proper hose clamps. he has a turbo on it which p platers arent allowed to use.

his car isnt rego'd not road worthy and he has his lisence suspended for street racing. he was at a set of lights 1 night and the car next to him was an under cover cop which he didnt know the cop was telling him he wants to race my friend agreed.

as soon as my friend took off bout 1/2 a km the cop pulled him over fined him for car not rego'd driving while suspended 2nd or 3rd time caught racing the cop decided to confiscate the car and my friend has no chance of getting it back.

IMO your "friend??" is a slow learner and needs a reality check of a month or so in the slammer BUT UNFORTUNATELY we have some jelly back magistrates who need to grow a pair and will only give him a slap on the wrist and tell him not to be a naughty boy in future :mad:\B