stand alone management

Most ecus control everything from electric windows to immobiliser, air con and the engine.

A stand along unit typically bolts on and fully takes over the engine management side of things. These are not to be confused with piggy back devices which are just an interface between the cars ecu and the sensors and the piggy back device sends out it's own singals and lies a bit to the ecu to get more power.

Stand alone managment allows fine tuning of your fuelling, boost and engine timing for a wide range of load conditions.

Setup is a specialst job though, it is not really an off the shelf DIY option. This is an ideal solution for someone who has made extensive modifications to their car or if the car is a pre 2000 model.

You will most likely need a stand alone fuel mamagemnet system if you were to go for the Z20 over the C20LET as this is the main problem with using the Z20 in the Vectras. The looms dont go together as easy. But unless you going for over 400bhp I wouldn't bother as the standard BOSCH Motronic 2:8 ecu is fine remapped up to that bhp area.

cool not much point in mycase then only aiming for between 230 and 300 with mine anything more will result in a expensive tyre bill lol