Snow crashes!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Post up your pics of the carnage in the recent snow. I spotted this chappie today.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 11
A mate took this yesterday and sent it over to me, not a crash yet but I think one is coming, what a prized plum :amazed:

Attachments

• ay_101932760%20(1).jpg
    ay_101932760%20(1).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 8
That is no worse than driving your average Dalek! The old letterbox method.

I did see an Alfa driver that had to stop and clear the snow that fell from his roof onto his windscreen when he braked at a busy junction!

Your damn right Paul buddy.
My parents have an X5 an it's rubbish in the snow.

I have heard this also TN and I find it surprising that a car with the stature of BMW should perform so poorly in the snow :blink: My granny wearing slippers has better traction in the snow than Bavaria's finest :lol:

Last edited:
^^^^^ Yup - agreed. ^^^^^ It is a grave failing in my opinion.

Arguments for RWD are unfounded with so many superb front drivers out there now and for many years hitherto.

Yup it's horrendous to be fair.
Big wheels and road tyres don't help I suppose.
It was a fashion thing not an off roader IMO.

I have heard this also TN and I find it surprising that a car with the stature of BMW should perform so poorly in the snow :blink: My granny wearing slippers has better traction in the snow than Bavaria's finest :lol:

It just occured to me that I've never crashed a car in slippery conditions...I tend to crash in the summer time on nice dry, hot tarmac usually pushing myself or my car as far as I can.

I gave my sister a lift driving on ice once & she went almost hysterical, so I don't think its due to my being careful...Maybe I'm just good:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I saw 4 cars in 4 nights the other weak, in the ditch or in a lamppost. Not quite sure why anyone needs to lose control of a car in the snow, it must be an attention thing.

Last edited:
Seen some good snow action tonight. A micra tried to get up a steep hill in ashbourne and slip all the way back down. Then a Porcshe Cayenne GTS came down a little too fast and crashed on the corner at the bottom.

I remember trying to ascend a steep hill in the Peak District just outside Upper Elkstone whilst driving a Micra. Not easy on dry tarmac never mind snow.

it really annoys me when people dont clear their cars. windows to see, the bonnet cos where is that snow going to go at speed? roof cost where is that snow going to go when they brake? it takes a few minutes and they could be warming their car up while they are doing it. or they can ignore this post and crash which suits me just as much