Should I? Shouldn't I?

corsagurl

Car
Corsa C 1.7di
Hey!!
Was just wantin a few opinions!!

i got a wee corsa 1.7di<<i know its not turbo!rage!lol!

anyway..i was gone to fit a induction kit on her!but will it reduce my cars power?? anyone any idea???

thnks a million!!:D:D!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Shud i?shudnt i?

i wouldnt bother you might lose low down power but diesels generaly flow higher anyway.

are you sure the 1.7 nots turbo charged i thought all were done with turbos now

(ps drop the text speak otherwise questions will be ignored)

just checked the 1.7 corsa (03-06 so this is the C model) as a 1.7 CDti at 98 Bhp and a lower model Dti with 75bhp.
going by the gains i found with a company both a turboed
75 -115bhp (40 gain) and 67 ftlb torque gain.
or
98- 138bhp ( again 40 gain) and 73 flb torque gain

if this is true leave the induction kit of and look at remaping it as you will see another better gains than you would with an induction kit

decent induction kit circ £150 for around 5 bhp gain
decent remap circ £300 for a 40bhp gain but its the huge torque gain thats important as diesels dont rev that hard

oh right!sorry!
didnt realise!
have stopped now!!:D!

oh yes and thank you!!:D!

mine is only a 01 model but this shouldnt make much difference right??

I dont think there will be much to gain from an induction kit. I assume your red line is around 4-5000 rpm so an induction kit will not really give you much benefit if any. It might move your power band up and leave you struggling lower down.

What about Nitrous?;)

A good map will give startling results in a modern diesel. £200 - £300 should get you enough torque to squeal the tyres in third.

A good map will give startling results in a modern diesel. £200 - £300 should get you enough torque to squeal the tyres in third.
well now..that sounds like fun!i just might do that!!

Thanks you guys!!!:D:D!

Nitrous is no use to me on the road. And the standard turbo and injectors can keep up with the remap demands. Interestingly, to anyone concerned about engine life mines just rolled over 121,000 having been mapped since 54,000 so clearly if you're sensible with servicing yuou should not have a problem