prelude 2.2vtec jap
hi mates,

ive heard about these before, but didnt take any notice til recently
my buddy got 1 for his civic
leathel yokes,
who here has 1 on their car??
do you find them a help??
and are they easy to live with??

oh and who knows a site where i can get me 1 for the prelude?
ive searched almost everywhere but cant find any:D

My mums Scoob has one of these and IMHO it makes for a rough gear change. I use to have a Scoob and it was so smooth to change gear but on my mums it feels really rough.

My mums Scoob has one of these and IMHO it makes for a rough gear change. I use to have a Scoob and it was so smooth to change gear but on my mums it feels really rough.
my mates car feels the same, i thought that was because he didnt change the gear oil, you see, he swaped the engine and the gear oil went everywhere

i see alot of fellas buy them to keep the car in the vtec range
but i can do it with a normal gearstick

you reckon stay away then, after all, i do want to keep the car comfortable = smooth gear changes

my mates car feels the same, i thought that was because he didnt change the gear oil, you see, he swaped the engine and the gear oil went everywhere

i see alot of fellas buy them to keep the car in the vtec range
but i can do it with a normal gearstick

you reckon stay away then, after all, i do want to keep the car comfortable = smooth gear changes

It may be different in other cars. But I wouldn't buy one personally. All you need to do mate is be a bit quicker with ya feet. I can change gear in the Ti and still be in the boost..:D

Quick shifters are less forgiving. If the box is worn and you get grinding when changing then this will be worse with a quick shift. If your box is in good condition it makes the gearchange feel much more sporty and can reduce your shift times. I think a lot depends on driver preferences.

Quick shifters are less forgiving. If the box is worn and you get grinding when changing then this will be worse with a quick shift. If your box is in good condition it makes the gearchange feel much more sporty and can reduce your shift times. I think a lot depends on driver preferences.
i can keep my car in the power band, but its the feel more than anything im looking for. as for the less forgiving, my box is slighty worn ( it would be been 15 years old) so you reckon it would make it more rough

something i need to reconsider

My gear changes in my car are rough anyway, im lookling for a shortened gear shift but havent found one yet. It all come back to the question of what you are going to to use it for. Daily driver with a little blap now and then i wouldnt bother. If its a track car or more of a toy then go for it.

I replaced my old Mini with a quickshift and it was excellent, but then it was a paint stirrer before!

I was looking to get one for the MG as Moto-Build offer one for PG1 box, what type is your box?

My gear changes in my car are rough anyway, im lookling for a shortened gear shift but havent found one yet. It all come back to the question of what you are going to to use it for. Daily driver with a little blap now and then i wouldnt bother. If its a track car or more of a toy then go for it.
totally a toy that il use alot mind you:D

I replaced my old Mini with a quickshift and it was excellent, but then it was a paint stirrer before!

I was looking to get one for the MG as Moto-Build offer one for PG1 box, what type is your box?
what do you mean??
all i know is its a 5 speed manual and a reverse gear

Gearbox type as in what model number? Every gearbox has a descriptor, my KV6 is a PG1, might be the same family as Rover and Honda did share alot of parts.

Had a short shift for a Corolla in my MR2. I ended up with a back to front gear lever but it felt great - and that was my 17 year old daily driver.

One of these would go well on my Pug. The gearbox is light, smooth and direct but the throws are a bit long. It wouldn't make any difference to shift time as I'm a leisurely gear changer anyway but it would feel a lot sweeter in use.

I know a lot of drivers who rave about their short shifter. They say they would never go back to a conventional throw one.

AS long as the angle through which the lever has to move is reduced as well. I assumeit's not the same as just chopping off part of the stick. The pivot must need to be lowered as well.