Security checks when parking up

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How paranoid are you about security things when you park up?

I fold in both of my mirrors, remove the radio, check it is in gear and visually check the doors have locked when I press the remote. Is anyone more paranoid than me?

I even do this if I'm only going to be away from the car for a few minutes.

The normal stuff I guess, wheels straight if in a car park, wheels turned into the kerb if parked on a slope or hill. Handbrake tight, windows shut and visual check when central locking to ensure the pins are down.

I get out and press lock. It closes the windows automagically and I can't remove the radio - it's massive! Handbrake comes on if your stopped and open the drivers door, so you'd have to be climbing out passenger side to forget that.

as long as the door is shut thats about it

half the time its not locked and there is no need for keys to start it as its all push button start if you can find them
but if they are going to nick it they will do it anyway thats why i dont leave anything in there worth nicking

completely paranoid, have to doublke check its locked after pressing the remote. if leaving it for a while have been know to check all the doors. look like a complete dick doing it but prefer to be sure.

Fold in the mirrors, parking brake, it has to be in P or the key wont come out so I cant leave my keys in the car as it 'Bongs' as well and lets me know, check all the doors are properly closed including the boot (visual) and look back as I walk away .......paranoid,,,,Yep!