Sat Nav Question

Car
Skoda Fabia vRS
A friend of mine has a sat nav (don't know the make but know it's not a Tomtom) and it tells him how fast he's going and also tells him how fast he has been. I'm thinking of buying a Tomtom or something similar soon and wondered did anyone on here know if the Tomtom's has this feature and can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced satnav.

Thanks in advance

The main models are TomTom Garmin and Navman with other offerings from Sony etc..

The TomToms seem to be the most popular and well supported. Mine is based on the Navman via my PDA and it works ok. I think the TomTom is better but mine is quite old now.

I think all show speed and ETA - you just need to play with the settings a little.

Hi Kai

I have a Garmin which I have just recently purchased to replace my TomTom. I can safely say that the Garmin is far superior for road maps etc but they will all tell you your speed as they all read from satellites(will be a lot more accurate than your speedo too)

The specific thing I'm after is the option that logs how fast you've been going along with average speed and current speed. As I plan on doing more driving a satnav is handy to have when I'm travelling but at some point I fancied testing my car out on a private road to see what it could really do.

Kai,

All sat navs will have a log of: Current speed, maximum speed, average speed, time driving etc etc - you just have to find it within the interface of the system. As I said before I prefer the Garmin but you may find other people will prefer TomToms or Navmans. At the end of the day they will all do what you want, it'll just be down to personal preference.

Does you car have a double DIN area for your stereo? If it does then check out the Kenwood DNX7220. I have it it my car and its a pretty good set up.
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/multimedia/multimedia/DNX7220/

My wife gave me a low tech sat nav so I'll always know where I am. It was a piece of paper with the words "you are here" written on it. :lol: