Sat nav is trying to kill me!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
My sat nav keeps trying to kill me. Not only does it send me up one way streets and up roads that do not exist (which I can cope with!)

It keeps jumping off my windscreen and sliding around on the dash board. Not only is this distracting but I nearly ran off the road a couple of times trying to fix the stupid sucker (pun intended!) back on! In 60 miles this happend a total of 5 times and I gave up with it in the end.

did you not see the one in the paper last week guy was following it and not paying attention to the road signs as a result ended up going down a closed road into a tunnel with 4ft of water in it killed the car and made the locals have a laugh

massive is right wet the sucker before sticking it to the glass. your dash might no be smooth enough. have a look on ebay see if you can get a cradle that will go in the air vents thats what i ended up doing after going through 3 sucker ones ( the bendy part kept snapping off )

as for the getting lost bit ive never had a problem with mine, i use tom tom 1 is ace, needs an update however

you lucky mine has me going round the cross right outside the flat everytime a set off from the alley even when i dont need to
has me going up one way sreets and taking turns that arnt there ????????
that was with the latest update not used it in ages though

Yeah - mine is a PDA. I always seem to mess around with it whilst on the move. :( You have to turn on the GPS then connect it, then start the sat nav software. Then it crashes and you have to do it again. The list goes on.

as for the getting lost bit ive never had a problem with mine, i use tom tom 1 is ace, needs an update however

Ditto

Only problem I've had with it is when the local council have changed the roads around.

Only one place is really severe in that the tom tom says your in the middle of a big field when you actually on a nice shiny new bit of dual carriageway. :lol:

Sounds like a few of you should maybe buy real sat nav's instead of make do pda software.

I got a garmin and it's great except for the charger part likes to jump out of the ciggy holder.

Also I think your supposed to update them, that way you should have the new roads and speed cameras etc.

The only thing i've noticed is sometimes it doesn't always take the quickest route for the time of day. perhaps if I had a more expensive one it would have the intelligence to know.

It's funny tho I can still remember saying why the **** would I need a sat nav :O